Horizons ETFs Management (Canada) Inc. and its affiliate AlphaPro Management Inc. announced the distribution amounts per unit for the Horizons ETFs suite of covered call exchange traded funds, for the period ending August 31, 2016, as indicated in the table below.......
Sign up for our weekly Newsletter and receive the latest ETF and ETC news. Click here to register for your free cop
The ex-dividend date for the Distributions is anticipated to be August 29, 2016, for all unitholders of record on August 31, 2016. The Distributions will be paid in cash, or if the unitholder has enrolled in the respective ETF’s dividend reinvestment plan (DRIP), reinvested in additional units of the applicable ETF, on or about September 13, 2016.
Ticker Symbol - Current Month Distribution Rate - NAV Change from Prior Month(1) - Current Month Yield(2) - Prior Month Yield(3) - Absolute Change in Yield from Prior Month(4)
(1) Based on the period July 20, 2016, to August 22, 2016, where the prior month’s net asset value per unit is adjusted to include the prior month’s distribution.
(2) Annualized and based on the applicable August 22, 2016, net asset value per unit which is available at www.HorizonsETFs.com.
(3) Annualized and based on the applicable July 20, 2016.
(4) The absolute change of the prior month’s previously announced annualized distribution yield to the current month’s annualized distribution yield.
(5) Distributions for Horizons Enhanced Income US Equity (USD) ETF are declared and paid in U.S. dollars, including those listed under the Canadian dollar traded tickers HEA and HEA.A. The approximate Canadian dollar equivalent distribution rates for HEA and HEA.A are $0.05948 per unit and $0.05012 per unit, respectively. For unitholders who hold Canadian dollar traded HEA and HEA.A, distribution payments will typically be converted to Canadian dollars by the unitholder’s account holder.
Each ETF does not have a fixed distribution but pays distributions monthly. Distribution rates are generally based on the average current volatility of the securities held by the ETF, along with any dividend income received, less expenses payable by the ETF. The amount of monthly cash distributions are expected to fluctuate from month to month and there can be no assurance that an ETF will make any distributions in any particular month or months. Monthly distributions will be paid in cash, unless the investor has chosen to participate in the ETF’s reinvestment plan.